MY CONCLUSION (verification of which is being sought)
SUSANE RAISE, SUSANNE RAHIS, SUZANE RICE, ZERETH RICE, HENERITTA V(R)EASE, Widow
and probably GERES RAIS (PRAIS) are all variant spellings and listings pertinent
to ONE woman.... When married to Jean Diane at Arkansas Post in 1789, she apparently
was a widow with at least three daughters. The father of these three daughters
appears to have been either Andre or Pierre BENOIT. MENOY(E). VANOY,VALNOIS who
was probably also in Arkansas 1780-1786.
The issue of her first marriage:
1. MARIE MADELIENE (SUZANNE) m. Louis Perthus at Ark. Post in 1793.
He died and by 1811 she is remarried to Francois Graver (Grebert).
She died after July 1834.
2. MARGUERITE m. 1797 at Ark. Post Albert Bardoutt (Berdu). Living
in East Baton Rouge Parish, La., in Mar 1834.
3. JANE m. to Joseph Deruisseaux. She died before 14 Jan 1819 when
Joseph remarried at Ark. Post and was survived by at least four
children who are still living in 1834. Joseph is also deceased
at this time (1834).
Issue of the marriage to Jean Dianne (he apparently died before 26 Aug 1793
when the Widow Diana is listed as godmother at a baptism at the Post):
1. FRANCOISE b. 17 July 1788 at Arkansas Post married Charles Bogy
before 16 July 1813 d. 20 May 1827 (as listed in ARKANSAS GAZETTE)
2. JEAN FRANCOIS b. 15 Oct 1790 d. intestate in Ark. Co. ca 1833.
This lady of the many variants names in the records died after the enumeration
of the 1830 Federal Census and before March 1834. [Handwritten notes] >she was between 70-80 years
old according to the record, b: ca 1750-1760<
The distribution of the preemption right of Jean Francois Diane (her unmarried
son) is four ways:
3/4 to 1. Sister Francoise deceased represented by husband Charles Bogy.
2. Half sister SUZANNE (Mary Madeliene) GREBERT (Graver) formerly
married to Louis Pertuis.
3. Children of half sister Jane .....Paul Deruisseaux, Joseph
Desruisseaux, Eleanor Desruisseaux, and Emilie Desruisseaux
m. to James H. Lucas.
l/4 to half-sister Marguerite Vanoy Berdu
[Hanwritten notes added by Dorothy Core:
Richland Twp. Jeff Co. Nov 1850
Household of Francis Gravier (256-260)
is Susan Gravier age 72 y b. Virginia]