1. January 12 Eastern Star, D.C.
2. January 13 Breakfast Club
3. January 25 Vienna, Virginia Lions Club Ladies Nite [sic]
4. February 3 ICL luncheon
5. February 6 Burrall Claas
6. February 7 FOA Conference – Land Grant College
1978 Page 1
I filled the following engagements
1. January 8 Arlington Methodist church (Temple?) (E. Burke)
2. January 11 Close Up - Teachers of Miami, New Orleans, Saint Louis and Houston
3. February 8 Richmond Virginia Com of St. Legis...
Civil Rights; Women's Suffrage; Voting Rights; Women
New York Times article highlighting legal rulings across the country pertaining to women's suffrage and the 19th Amendment. The second paragraph pertains to the Arkansas Attorney General rejecting Dr. Ida Joe Brooks's candidacy for state office.
Integration; Blacks; African-Americans; Education; Little Rock Central High School; Daisy Bates; National Association for the Advancement of Colored People; J.C. Crenshaw; Fred Darragh; Harry Ashmore; Jackie Shropshire; Thad Williams
Statement of Virgil Blossom regarding Daisy Bates and the integration of Central High School in 1957.