James Horace Lenow, M.D. (b.1850-d.1932) was the Dean of the UAMS College of Medicine from 1907 to 1912. The medical school in Little Rock was known as the Medical Department of the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. Dr. Lenow was the first to hold the official title of Dean; previous medical school administrators held the title of President of the Medical Faculty. In July 1911, he oversaw the merger of the U of A Medical Department with a second medical school, the College of Physicians and Surgeons, which operated in Little Rock from 1906 to 1911. Dr. Lenow was the first Professor of Genito-urinary Disease and Syphilis in the U of A Medical Department, teaching urology from 1875 to 1919 and from 1922 to his death in December 1932.