Edwin Bentley, M.D. (b.1824-d.1917) was a founder and dean of the UAMS College of Medicine from 1904 to 1907. The medical school in Little Rock was known as the Medical Department of the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. Dr. Bentley's official title was President of the Medical Faculty. He was also a Department of Surgery faculty member from 1879 to 1916. His friendship and shared professional interest with Lonoke physician Isaac Folsom led to the latter's bequest of $20,000 to the medical school. The bequest was used to establish the Isaac Folsom Clinic for the poor which operated out of a building in the rear of the Fones Bros. Hardware Co. on Second and Main streets. In 1934, Dr. Bentley's home on Twelfth and McAlmont streets in Little Rock was purchased as the site for a new medical school building which opened the following year.