J. Vol Walker Hall, which opened in 1935, was originally J. Vol Walker Memorial Library, the main library for campus. The building became home to the Architectural School after the new library was built in 1968. James Volney Walker graduated in 1877 from the University of Arkansas (known at that time as Arkansas Industrial University). He became a prominent lawyer in Northwest Arkansas.
Interior view of the card catalog area in Vol Walker Library. Envelope: Library (interior) Pictures taken by W.J. Lemke when his journalism class was studying the Library - 1942. (Main library 11 prints). On verso: Card Catalog - Main Library 1942.