Hotz Hall opened in 1964 as a women’s residence hall. The building was later converted to office space and then reconverted to dorms. The building reopened as an honors dorm in 2013. The building was named for Henry G. and Stella Palmer Hotz. Henry G. Hotz was a professor in the Education Department from 1919-1945 and Dean of the College of Education from 1934-1945 when he was awarded professor emeritus status. His wife Stella Palmer Hotz was a home economics professor from 1918-1925.