William S. "Pop" Gregson served in multiple capacities at the University from 1919 to 1947, including secretary of the Y.M.C.A., secretary of the Student Employment Services, secretary of the Student Union, Director of Religious Activities, Acting Dean of Men, Emeritus professor and University Chaplain. Gregson Hall was named for him.
Gregson, seated at desk holding pair of glasses. On verso: W.S. "Pop" Gregson. April 1953. The Rev. W.S. Gregson.